Thursday, July 24, 2014

LBC: 3 Things I could Never See Myself Wearing in Lolita

I have gotten into a lot of things that I never thought I would get into (*cough*sweet lolita, prints, plastic jewelry), but a few years of lolita later I'm still resistant to these three things:

1. Full sets of matching everything


It's cute. I like seeing it on other people. As someone who wears lolita every day, I find the repetition lacks creativity and spunk because I get sick of seeing the same things together very often. The coords become a blur when you've already seen five people in the exact same outfit. A few matched pieces is nice, but more than three pieces from the same series looks wrong for my eclectic style.


2. Fake rings make my fingers green


I got these from a seller on livejournal and had my fingers turn green from wearing them for an hour. They're really cute, but they're just decorations for my desk now. I've been worried about buying rings from BtSSB and AP for fear they'll do the same thing.


3. Anything with houndstooth on it

This is the cutest houndstooth-ed thing I've seen besides AP's Chocolat-Chan series, and I still can't shake my memories of that bland American period when people's suits blended into their furniture like some urban yuppie camouflage. Again, I'm sure I could fall in love with it on someone else like I have with gingham, but that doesn't mean I'm likely to put it on my own body any time soon.



Other participating blogs in this week's Lolita Blog Carnival theme:

No comments:

Post a Comment