Sunday, April 3, 2011

Crafting ~Floral Hair Corsage~

I've been working on a little project lately, and was playing with the idea of putting it on commission. I'm also bringing it to my local tea shop on Monday to see if they will carry some of them! *crosses fingers*

It has been a VERY long time since I've crafted anything... Besides an occasional sewing project, I haven't made anything by hand for about 6 years. '._.



No matter what I did my arm was blocking the light for this shot; no props!


I used grosgrain ribbon and silk flowers. The back has a metal comb for attaching it to one's hair. Despite the pieces' considerable size, it isn't heavy or uncomfortable to wear and is fairly versatile as far as where you can place it on your head. I do plan on making smaller ones too, but I need some more clips of various types to get started on those.


1 comment:

  1. It looks really nice. You make me want to go and make some floral pieces to wear about. And the colors, so soft that I could almost die of happy haha [my two favorite 'earthy' tones]
    I would so wear it. Make a coord with it and show it off :D <3

    ReplyDelete