Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tea, of course~ The Silver Teapot review and April Meet


Coord for the day ~<3

Headband: Kidsyoyo
Cutsew: Innocent World
Skirt: BtSSB
Socks: BtSSB
Boots: AatP
Parasol that I forgot to bring: Bodyline

I hosted another meetup last week, and it went very well! The bad news is that I still get too excited to remember to take pictures, so there are very few this time. '>_>

We met at (roughly) 11am at The Silver Teapot in Manteca, which is halfway between Stockton and Modesto in California- without bias the best one I've ever been to. I picked the place because I now go there on a regular basis and know what to expect of the service and tea. The staff is a family of a mother, daughter, and father. They're all wonderful! 



Not only do they use excellent tea and cook delicious scones, but the prices are fantastic. It's $4 for an unlimited pot of tea, and $17 for unlimited tea, a scone, 5 mini sandwiches, 4 mini desserts,  and a platter of cheese and crackers. Of course, there's a lunch menu too. You can also just visit their website for a complete menu. Teamap also reviewed The Silver Teapot #12 out of 325, which is pretty darned impressive if you ask me. Well, there's a reason I go there weekly!

They also have a giftshop containing teacups, aprons, strainers, and all kinds of other unique items. Actually, there's a white iron decorative bird cage I've had my eye on for a while now... *.* 

Before we left they asked for a picture of us, and I asked for one of them for this blog. Upon request they also used my phone to take our group shot, but as you can see unless you've had practice with my camera phone's lag the pictures usually come out pretty blurry.

Van stealing a few more sips of tea before we leave

The hats that you see in the back are for people to wear during parties. There is a whole other section which I didn't get a picture of (you can see a bit of it in the corner in the picture below) that has a mirror and changing screen that has more hats, some scarves, and a black bonnet. 

Blurry group photo, I'm trying not to laugh, but everyone looks so cute!
Top left to right: Elly, Vanessa, Katie, Kay-Dee, and me
Bottom left to right: Alisa and Joann

On our way to the antique store we went to Tipton's, a place which sells stationary and china/tea sets. Someone found this intriguing pop up book which we all loved...


There was a lot of detail, a lot of which I was unable to capture...

I attempted a shoe/print shot Dx


After Tipton's we headed to AAA Antiques and Art where I picked up a brooch. I forgot to take pictures of the place, but it's really gorgeous. You can visit their website, but it's not even comparable to the actual store. They have a LOT of jewelry, and a little section devoted especially to cameos. There is a woman who works there who absolutely loves lolita fashion, and if you're not careful you may end up falling into quite a wonderful conversation!

We went to go see Red Riding Hood for 3 dollars each at the old movie theater... We couldn't resist giving open commentary throughout the whole thing, which made it quite humorous and fun. 



Because this was "the meet the lasted forever" we headed over to a couple of thrift stores while waiting for the clock to strike 7 so we could go to Torii's in Modesto for some karaoke and food. I didn't take any pictures, but I did pose for a knightly shot in this epic helmet I found...

Grrrr!...?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Joann and I got there on time. We were even ten minutes early =P

    And this was a great meet, I had so much fun ^^ It did last forever, in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, somehow you guys were early when you worried about being late and the rest of us thought we'd make it in time xD

    ReplyDelete