Sunday, June 12, 2011

International Lolita Day/ Taobao order arrival~

I put in a Taobao order through dollypoddle, who was running a shopping service on LJ, and received it last week upon return from Virginia. I opened it with a sense of Christmas- I had little to no recollection of what I had ordered >.<'



From top left, clockwise: 3 pairs of bloomers by Classical Puppets(the black ones were strangely stiff, we'll see how they are after a wash), skirt (one edge of the pink trim was not properly finished and needs to be re-sewn on by hand) with suspenders and detachable bow by Dear Celine (they sell the pin on tie separately), black cutsew by HMHM, the jabot hanging beneath the cutsew and petticoat is adjustable and made by Kids Yoyo, two insanely fluffy petticoats by Dear Celine, two bags (brown and red) by Loris, and my favorite headband in four more colors by Kids Yoyo. Including shipping and transaction fees, I spent 380 USD on this last purchase.

Bloomers! I love bloomers. Especially ruffle-butted bloomers.


For some peculiar reason, the fabric on the black bloomers came much stiffer than the fabric on either the pink or the white bloomers. It's the same kind of cotton, but it seems to me as though the other two had been pre-washed and the black ones weren't. Strange, but nothing fabric softener can't fix.
♪ Ruffly!

I thought that the skirt really looked cute on the Dear Celine page... So I gave it a shot. Normally I don't buy lolita things in plaid (I'm a HUGE schoolgirl skirt fan, so I like to keep them separated) but I'm a sucker for pink and grey, and the pin-on tie was so cute >////<


 

The skirt came with a detachable bow and cute little removable suspenders that are fastened with buttons on the inside. The suspenders are not adjustable.




There seemed to be no construction flaws in this skirt at first sight. I noticed a loose thread and went to pull it out-



Took about a minute and a half to fix. Actually, except for that I'd say the general construction of the skirt is fairly sturdy. The skirt is lined, and the lining reaches down to just before the skirt's pleats.

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about the pink hearts... I think it would look better would over sized four-hole buttons in black, so I'll probably end up doing that too.



I LOVE these headbands. Passionately. If there had been more colors (I can't believe I forgot to get the brown one ;.;) I probably would have purchased those too.

The violins on each band are detachable, and so can be switched or removed for even more versatility. I also know from the pink one I've had for a while that they're very practical. I wore the pink one almost every day for a month and a half and it still looks the same as when I got it. *.*

Suck wonderful details ~(^.^)~

I finally got a black blouse, but before it arrived I had forgotten about the white details. Ever since I purchased my first cutsew from Innocent World, I've loved cutsews. Therefor, I intend to purchase more cutsews than blouses.




The way the buttons are arranged make the cutsew easier the button. Overall, it's very comfortable and good looking when worn. :)



The cutsew came with a double sided neck bow tie and a black gross grain ribbon with decorative white stitches. As you can see, the finishing of the ribbon wasn't done with a particularly paranoid eye for detail, but overall I'd rate the blouse an 8.3 given what I paid for it.

I couldn't pass up this jabot when I saw it... I'm a sucker for the things and I absolutely adore them on men and women alike. It was really cheap!




It looks good when worn, but I was dismayed to notice that somewhere between pictures part of the chain fell off! I hope I can find it soon and hook it on again with needle nose pliers.



The fluffy petticoat! I wanted one with more substance... but this actually wound up being fairly excessive to my tastes. I had sold my other pink petticoat which has about 3/5 the volume of this one, and found myself sorely missing it soon after. Luckily, my friend wound up willing to trade me back for the black one identical to the white one I kept, and now I have a wider range to the level of fluffiness I can obtain. xP

The first example is an A line style skirt by Victorian Maiden... You can see the strange shape it makes:



The second example is a Bodyline skirt I purchased to see how the color would look on me (horrible, in case anyone was wondering) and it's the correct shape:



















I'm happy with it, though I don't honestly see myself wearing it more than once a week since I like A lines and slightly less fluffy things. I like layers more. Guess that's not very lolita of me, is it? xP

The last items here are the purses... which I reviewed immediately upon opening and while sick. Dx

 


It was failsauce, but the next one will be better.

1 comment: