Thursday, June 16, 2011

10 Things I L♥VE in Lolita


paw_lb Everything in Lolita is so danged cute! I just want to "ooh" and "awww" over everything all day. I like seeing other people in it just as much as I like wearing it. 

paw_lb Diversity! Lifestyle Lolita. Charming, classy, and winsome! Non-lifestyle Lolita. Do your own thing! Part-time Lolita. Unleash the loli! Brand, non-brand, loliable, hand made, and every style and sub-style that falls into it. Of course I have my preferences, but overall I pretty much love all of it.

paw_lb The Lolitas. 98% of the ones I've met in real life are awesome people! I've made some really great friends through our shared love of the fashion.

paw_lb ;v; It’s such a bittersweet feeling, having so many things come out that are impossible to all obtain. It makes me treasure what I do get even more, and somehow collecting images of things I want to get puts me in a happy day-dreaming state.Wanting clothes… I think that this bit can be even more fun than owning them! The scrounging for money, bartering with yourself, sacrificing meals (just kidding…maybe) and anxiously hoping that you make it in time to get those lovely things haunting your dreams, are all part of the charm. Of course, when you’re lucky this leads to the excitement of hearing the doorbell ring and seeing someone holding a package with your name on it… Christmas, all year round… *.*

paw_lb The effort and attention to detail is necessary to present any fashion as what fashion is: art. Every outfit tells some kind of story. Even my husband starts his character designs out with an outfit that will accurately express the being of the character. Fashion is one of the easiest thing to re or mis-interpret from what the coordinator/creator intended, but that’s okay because in the end we dress ourselves for ourselves.

paw_lb Bloomers. I love bloomers so much that I occasionally plan a coordinate around my bloomers and go about my business sans skirt. I just rock my ruffled butt out around the house taking care of errands and cleaning and cooking.

paw_lb Donning a carefully planned coordinate.When I’m layered up I feel as if I’m prepared for anything, and there’s a certain sense of dignity in that.

paw_lb Meet ups! I love spending time with myself a great deal more than many other people (having been made to be alone for great lengths of time as a child I’m pretty resistant to loneliness unlike others, haha) but meet ups are great fun. There’s something really special about sharing the things you love with people who love those same things just as much.

paw_lb The “old school” spirit. I’ll leave this one largely to your interpretation and imagination :D


Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment