Friday, August 1, 2014

LBC: My Most Versatile Lolita Item (and best impulse buy)


This week's Lolita Blog Carnival theme coincided (as they often do) with one of F Yeah Lolita's 52 week lolita challenges: The Most Versatile Lolita Item I Own. 
My most versatile item is this BtSSB brown cardigan with detachable faux fur collar. I was in the San Francisco store looking to buy a jumperskirt and got the cardigan instead.




Spills typically don't show up on brown, and varying shades of brown in a coordinate look more organic than careless. It can be worn with sweet to add a chocolate theme, with classic as gorgeous neutral, or as a gateway between the two.

On casual days the cardigan can be worn in warm weather with the sleeves rolled. I roll the sleeves under and then flip them up so that the seams don't show. It also keeps them up better, except when it's not on an arm, in which case it flips back down again. I also push up the sleeves unconsciously while I'm writing and mistake the bulges for muscles when I pass the mirror. 
The GLW wig can also be worn in warm weather. Click here to be the one who wears this brand new wig in warm weather.

 For daily wear I frequently use it to tie my coordinates together and tone down or provide a point of contrast for pinks. You can see here that the cardigan prevents the wig from blending into the jsk like some kind of awkward hair-cape.
I call this coord chocolate strawberry.

The cardigan is really on a whole new level with the faux fur collar attached. It classes the entire coord up while still going with my primarily sweet-classic closet. In fall and winter it's an easy seasonal touch, and adds a surprising amount of warmth to the cardigan.

Other participants in this week's Lolita Blog Carnival theme:


Thank you, as always, for supporting this blog with your readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment