Monday, February 7, 2011

Flowers, Ponds, and Tax Returns.

I'm always really happy to get my tax return, as it's usually quite a surprise for me since I always forget that I filed for it. ^^' A while ago, after receiving my tax return, I decided to install a waterfall garden into my new house's backyard! I hadn't known how many neighbor cats there were until they destroyed all of the plants and some of the fish. I hadn't known their cats were even into destroying plants until I looked out the window to see my lilies being chewed on...

 I'll upload pictures of our backyard in its former state of glory when I can find it, until then enjoy this picture of my puppies at the time:

We rescued the siblings from a local shelter at 3-4 months old

The front yard, and indeed the entire front of the house, is a blank slate. In the winter especially, it's in a dreary state.


Will hopefully turn into this:


Pardon the cruddy sketch, but you get the idea!


This photo is actually from last winter, although the only difference now is the trellis fencing and gate that's been installed along the shown fence. You can't see it here, but there are areas in front of the house especially for planting flowers. This spring's To Plant List includes the following:


Orange and Giant Sunflowers

Roses <3
White Butterfly Lilies

Tiger Baby Lilies
Not the right kind of Ivy, but it's for the fence
And two or three perennials, we'll see what they have at Home Depot when the time comes

3 comments:

  1. It looks like it'll be a lovely garden! I didn't know basil had such pretty flowers.
    My dream is to have a wrought iron fence lined with roses. ^^ Well I'll look forward to more pictures as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so cute! I love the ultra kawaii background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DuskRose_Dreaming: That sounds so gorgeous! I hope your dream comes true and you share pictures with the rest of us! :3 I'll do my best! Today I already cleaned up the front and back yard and drained the pond. Next garden post will be on the 25th and then every Monday thereafter.

    Audrey (hkittygirl): Thank you so much! I had severely underestimated how difficult it was to find a good background, and got lucky enough to find a cute emote by suika-plush on dA. Eventually I'll be drawing my own, I hope you like that one too! =D

    ReplyDelete