Tuesday, February 1, 2011

April 9th San Francisco Meet Up



I had the idea a few weeks ago that I'd very much like to arrange a meet-up with the (relatively) local lolitas and go to a couple of places that I have yet to see. I posted a possible meet-up for March and got a pleasant feedback, so I'm giving it a go. >.< I forgot to add the event to my blog though, so... here we are.

I didn't want to arrange the all of the same events that are often planned by others, so I made a few changes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the list of events for the day:

12 Noon: Haas-Lilienthal House tour. To steal the website's description of the place, "The exuberant    Haas-Lilienthal House is a Queen Anne-style Victorian, and was completed in 1886. It is the only intact private home of the period that is open regularly as a museum, complete with authentic furniture and artifacts. The House has elaborate wooden gables, a circular corner tower and luxuriant ornamentation."
Admission is 8$  Directions can be found here.

1:30 PM: Crown & Crumpet. The main event, if you will. After receiving feedback, I settled on the light tea to be a bit more gentle on the wallet. It is $24 excluding tax and gratuity but including a 1.5 hour of flat rate parking for $2.25. Depending upon how many people decide to go, I will probably cover tax and gratuity. Please go here and pick your four favorite teas (if you haven't been there, as I haven't, then just suggest your normal favorite tea) and get back to me by the end of February so that I can call and make reservations.

After Crown & Crumpet (though many of you knew this, I'm sure) Union Square (and therefor Angelic Pretty) is a short drive away. This part of the day is entirely up to the mood of the moment, but it's worth tossing out there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The date is far enough in advance that hopefully people can save money for the trip, maybe even to go shopping. If anyone lives in the valley (Modesto/Stockton-ish) and is interested in carpooling (for the carpool lanes of course! Just kidding) please let me know. Similarly, if you're along the way (say San Jose or Oakland) and are interested, please let me know. My car is now full! Thank you :)

Husbands and boyfriends are welcome! Please just be sure to shower and clothe them before they come. ;b

No comments:

Post a Comment