Monday, February 21, 2011

Loli in Distress, AKA epic Saturday in SF rant

If you don't want to read so much, just skip down to where the real adventure begins. xD

That's me on the left, blond hair fizzed from the rain DX
     Our group contained ten members in two vehicles. An hour and a half from San Francisco, we met at a McDonalds and split into our vehicles. I drove my little vehicle into a torrent of wind and rain with good company, music brightening up an already uplifting spirit.      
     I met a fellow loli at the pagoda in Japan Town from whom I received a gorgeous BTSSB skirt which I had bought from her on eBay (my first brand purchase!!!). Immediately thereafter, I dashed across the street to the BTSSB store to find some matching items for my new skirt (as I had only stark white, black and light pink items in my closet DX). It wound up being fairly time-consuming, as the cream color and dust-rose of the skirt had few partners in the store. I fell in love with a pair of dust-rose boots, but alas they were only in a size M when I was just barely a size L (though at AP I'm an M... *sigh*). I put a to-buy contract on them in case it was at all physically possible for them to order a new pair in my size (I learned they usually only carry one of each item in a random size at any given point 2014 update: This is no longer true) and ended up with a very lovely long-sleeved cream-colored blouse. It was sooooo hard to pick between two blouses, I came very close to buying both of them in a surge of desperate want. Thank goodness for self control! >.< I also purchased a lovely pair of socks that featured a dash of red (which is also on the flower print of my skirt, which I won't show you just yet!) and two shades of pink, so it tied my whole outfit together very nicely.


    After a dash of Purikura with two of my dearest friends, I took two other friends of my party off to see Crown and Crumpet, as well as Angelic Pretty, for the first time. We wound up being stuck driving in circles around downtown for about an hour because of the parade that we had previously been entirely unaware of. Finally, we arrived at Ghiradelli Square and I slipedp into the parking garage that boasts $2.25 per 20 minutes. -_-' We get into Crown and Crumpet and promptly receive a call from the other members of our party telling us that they're done. After 15 pleasant minutes of speaking to an employee at Crown and Crumpet and perusing the gift shop, we went to leave. A lady at the elevator got so excited to see our outfits (my two friends were cosplaying) that she gushed over us all the way down into the garage. We got to the car... And this is where the real adventure starts.

      The car battery was dead. It took me about 20 minutes of wandering about, hunting for someone to jump start our vehicle, before I remembered that I had, in fact, remembered to tuck the jumper cables under the passenger seat. At this point, I'll skip the long details of the rude stares and people literally hitting the gas petal when they saw me trying to flag them down... Another ten minutes of pleading suspicion-filled passers bys finally yielded a reluctant man who jump started our car. I let it charge for a little while, and skipped AP to head back to the convention in Japan Town where our friends were waiting. We were supposed to LEAVE at 6:00. Pffft, yeah, right. I looked down at my phone and saw that it was 6:48. BTSSB closes at 7:00, so you can be sure I literally ran there. Thank goodness I purchased the LAST lucky pack, and then decided against the gorgeous cream boots... We met up and came back to the car, where the battery had died again. At this point, I was pretty worried. I had let the battery charge as it was supposed to the first time, and I had just replaced the battery water a month ago when a similar problem arose... The battery was definitely bad. We got another jump start from a nice couple with a cute dog and started leaving at about 7:20. I knew that if things went smoothly, I would make it back just in time for work. Unfortunately, fate saw otherwise.

     In the middle of the street, in the middle of downtown San Francisco, at the time when the characters of questionable nature began coming out, my car completely stopped functioning. The battery was so dead that the emergency flashers wouldn't even work. We all sat somewhat dumbfounded for a minute. The nearest open place that we could walk to was very far away, and it was already dark. There was no way we were gonna make it. Luckily, one of my friends had AAA. A frustrating call lead to the promise of help in 45 minutes to an hour. AAA couldn't find us, despite our repeatedly giving the names of the streets we were cornered at. Yes, on the corner in a fire lane, where we had rolled the car to in neutral. One friend was standing outside of the car the entire time, in shorts, waiting for the truck to arrive. The AAA worker tested the battery and pretty much said "yup, it's dead!" I got out of the car, large pink pow intact, and told him, again, that the battery needed to be changed. 10 minutes later, another man arrived with the proper battery.

     The creepiest bit was a moment where I'd been standing outside of my car waiting for the AAA guy to grab some equipment from his vehicle. He came over to me, eying over my skirt and head-bow with a predatory grin. "You're so cute!*Insert creeper voice here* Do you need any help?" The AAA truck was literally close enough for me to touch. I declined his "assistance."

     We got home 4 hours late. After I got home, I just down-dressed and passed right out on the bed. Whew!

     Despite the car troubles, I still had more fun than I've had in a very long time. It's all about attitude! Thank goodness for my wonderful, beautiful friends who both saved my tush and kept things humorous and light-hearted no matter the situation. ^^


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an absolutely amazing time! I forgot AOD was so soon! My heart sank when I read, "My job was threatened." I'm glad things worked out in the end.

    Ahhh I can't wait for our zoo meet up :D

    ReplyDelete