Sunday, February 27, 2011

Garden Un-date and Moving

I've decided to rent the downstairs floor of my parents' house to save money since they're not using it, and they could use the help. My mother happily agreed to my proposal to renovate the yard and start a flower garden in the back.

Do you remember this?

The packet of "White Lilly Bulbs" which I planted last year and never blossomed became this:

Looks like yellow Daffodils to me!

Hmm... What happens when you buy bulbs on clearance...

I'm hugely impressed at my own ignorance of this- I had been so excited when planting them that I hadn't noticed the difference in bulbs. -_-' Visually speaking, Lily bulbs look more like garlic while Daffodil bulbs look more like red Onions or large Shallots. 

Shortly after the Daffodils blossomed, I moved. The new gardening canvas?

It was raining heavily just before we got there

The front yard will undergo most of the same changes I had planned before, but without the fence and ivy. As I'm still moving, and have the Emilie Autumn concert, a meet up, and two mini meets already lined up for this upcoming month, gardening will probably begin on the 31st of March.

Spring coordinate!




Early spring brings a cool, refreshed tingling to the skin along with promise of flowers. Cool blue roses and birds promote both the still-chilly weather as well as the uplifting rejuvenation of spring.

The birds go to one side of the headband, and the Venice lace would be carefully hand dyed to match the beige roses on the skirt to create a bow and streamer just beneath the birds. The ribbon on the lace cuffs and shoes are also easily replaced with a quality blue grosgrain ribbon to tie the entire outfit together.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute lilies! I MEAN DAFFODILS! Haha clearance bulbs. I looooove the use of blue flowers in floral prints. I have yet to own such a dress, but I love your spring coordinate idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. ^^ I can't wait to actually get this coordinate together, though it probably won't happen for another month.

    ReplyDelete