Monday, February 14, 2011

Garden Update And Valentine's Day


First and Foremost, Happy V Day to everyone! Thank you for following me!
I hope that all of you have a great day, single or with a special someone. ^^

Truth be told, I'm not a huge fanatic of the holiday. I just use it as an excuse to buy and bake goodies for everyone! *Laughs*

Raking the yard took a couple of hours, as the leaves were still fairly soggy. I made the mistake of trying to wait for them to dry a few months ago, and every time it came close it would rain again.

My yard shaping up
In the process of raking, as I was scraping out the flower beds I was delighted to see that the Iris bulbs which I had planted last year (the leaves of which had been chewed off by my puppy) came back! I glanced with worry at Mika, but she was content to simply sniff the plants for a second before playing tag with her brother. Thank goodness!

White Irises in the growing

That's all I really have for now. I forgot to take a picture before I started raking to show you how ugly and cluttered everything used to be. Spring is coming early, so I will be planting some of the hardier flowers and cleaning up the pond earlier than expected. :)

2 comments:

  1. You're so productive! Can't wait to see pictures of the blooming irises. As for Valentine's Day, I also use it as an excuse to bake and craft for friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They wound up being yellow daffodils!!! I was so shocked! They never blossomed at all last year, but I still have the package that I purchased the bulbs in. >.< Intense fail on someone's part, lol!

    ReplyDelete