Saturday, September 6, 2014

BB Cream First Impressions

BB Cream:

It's Skin "Babyface B.B. Cream"
This is already my favorite compared to Garnier, Rimmel, Physicians Formula, and Revlon. I can sweat it it, dance in it, and accidentally fall asleep in it without breaking out and it looks great until taken off. It feels a bit like sunscreen going on, but provides good coverage, acts wonderfully as a moisturizer, and doesn't come off when you dab your brow from sweating. I put it on sick, and it hid all of my redness like a foundation.

Maybelline "Dream Fresh BB"
As far as western BB creams go, this might be replacing Rimmel as my favorite. It has that "no makeup feel" shortly after application and provides good coverage for a BB cream. It also holds blush and eyeshadow well without any assistance from primers or setting sprays. Will need to try it immediately after Rimmel and next to It's Skin for further comparison.


Dream Fresh BB Cream and flash blinding me

Revlon "Photoready"
Goes on smooth enough, provides "meh" (but not awful) coverage, and then turns into an oily disaster after about two to three hours. As of this first impression I have tried it twice—the first time was in Utah and I wrote off the melting-face effect to unexpected sweat from a day of way more activity than I had planned, and now that I've tried it again doing nothing but sitting at home and reading I just want to throw the tube violently into a dumpster. It's a crap base to put anything else on top of. It's like a cheap pseudo-tinted sunscreen.

Gross.

Holika Holika "Petit Essential"
For the most part, I love this BB cream. It's very pasty when you apply it, but it provides coverage comparable to a foundation and when dry feels like you're not wearing anything. I shouldn't have moisturized my face this time before applying it (this is my second time wearing it) because it made the final results a little dewy, and I want to my face to be as matte and porcelain looking as possible, but I already know from last time that that can be achieved by simply skipping moisturizer (which BB creams are supposed to have anyways).

Just moisturizer and Eric photobombing, immediately after applying it, dry with blush, eyeliner, and mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment