Friday, September 12, 2014

LBC: My Most Prized Lolita Possession



Until nearly a year ago, it was this skirt:


One of my first times wearing it. So frumpy!
Antoinette Bouquet holds a special place in my heart as my first brand piece, and the very first thing that was ever on my wishlist. I saw it (on a rack or an a lolita, honestly can't recall which) on Baby the Stars Shine Bright's opening day in San Francisco, and even more than the punk lolita picture in Gothic and Lolita Bible I knew I would one day have at least one real lolita outfit.

Antoinette Bouquet in ivory ❤ 
Imagine my surprise when I found it for sale on eBay from a girl who was willing to meet in person to sell it to me. I met her in Japan Town across from the BtSSB shop, and immediately went to get a blouse to wear with it from the clearance rack. I wore it no less than once a week for the first several months of owning it—not very well—but I've yet to be tired of it. The floral pattern and ribbon detailed print still make my heart beat faster.




Unfortunately, it's not in my possession any more. 11 months ago I lost half of my wardrobe while moving. The entire classic portion of it, including my trusty Malco Modes petti, disappeared along with, and while inside of, my backpacking bag. I inquired all of my friends and tore through my (500 sq. foot) flat and vehicle multiple times. It was never latched to anything or put in a position where it could have fallen out along the road, so the only conclusion I can come to is that someone snagged it for the sake of the backpack.



If you see this skirt for sale, or are selling it yourself, please contact me through facebook.

Right now my newest item, Guilty Meltin' Sweets Town I, is doing its best to replace it Antoinette Bouquet. As soon as I saw the announcement for its reservation I knew I wanted it. I have a general rule about buying things on reservation, and generally leave things on my wishlist for at least a month before purchasing it, but this jumperskirt is an exception. It took the help of two beloved friends, my boyfriend, and his family to place the reservation on July 26th. It's special because I can't look at it without being flooded with gratitude for my loved ones : )

You can see the opening video here.

What's your most prized lolita possession?

Other blogs participating in this week's Lolita Blog Carnival Theme:
Classical Doll
Northern Star
The Bloody Tea Party
Usamimi Tea Time

No comments:

Post a Comment