Monday, September 22, 2014

What's Not yet Worn in My Closet?



Before I made my first brand purchase, Victorian Maiden (VM) was my favorite brand to browse. I saved money for several months beginning in 2010 in order to acquire VM's Rococo Bouquet Skirt, my first ultimate dream item. Dream item, meaning that it seemed absolutely unattainable, and worthy of the phrase "dream on." 

Rococo Bouquet Bustle Skirt
In early 2011 I could afford Fairy Doll Rococo Skirt, which displays the same print, with a week-long countdown to opening pre-orders. Perhaps it's a good thing that the pre-orders for Fairy Doll sold out by the time I went to check out. Baby the Stars Shine Bright's (BtSSB's) Antoinette Bouquet Skirt, which I wrote about in last week's Lolita Blog Carnival post, came to me instead, and I waited to see an affordable VM floral print on the online sales. I waited for a long time.

Fairy Doll Rococo Skirt
But Rococo Bouquet Bustle Skirt has now been hanging for a couple of months, new with its tag still attached, waiting for a suitable underskirt. I snatched it for a good price from Miss Harajuku at her anniversary party earlier this year.

I have several items to acquire (since I am re-building the classic portion of my wardrobe) before I will have a coord good enough to warrant removal of the skirt's tag. The moment it is complete it will be displayed here as "The Coord That Took Four Years to Build."



No comments:

Post a Comment