Saturday, September 6, 2014

False Eyelashes First Impressions

Darkness "Super 4"
I loooove these new lashes so far! The overall shape of this particular pair is adorable, and it stood up well to being applied three times with two different types of glue.

Jealousness
Sturdy. Very easy to clean, and look wonderful. They're surprisingly light for their large size, though they're so long that my too-long bangs will rest on them and weigh my whole eyelid down ._.

Fox Cherry
The most comfortable lash to wear. Made out of human hair, sticks to the lash line better than other lashes, but not quite as dramatic. Harder to clean, easy to damage if you're careless.

Dolly Wink "2"
Super realistic for synthetic lashes, much more natural looking. I love the clear band, though it has sharp edges and is overall more uncomfortable than others lashes. This glue is very strong, and must be applied quickly and the lash applied to the lid even more so. I'm used to simply being able to pull off the strip at day's end, and was unpleasantly surprised to pull out a couple of my real eyelashes out when I tried to do that with the Dolly Wink glue. I'm aware that you're supposed to use makeup remover and gently slide the lash strip off, but it's never bothered me doing it this way since I only have like 10 real eyelashes to begin with. This glue changed that.
The super-fast glue-drying also means that if you don't slap the lash strip on quickly enough, you need to start over with that strip. While practice and makeup remover will certainly improve this glue experience, I'm looking forward to trying these lashes with Ardell glue.

Dolly Wink lashes "2" with included lash adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment